For businesses looking to vary their content outputs to improve engagement and stand out from the noise, infographics remain a highly effective part of the content toolkit.
Infographics offer a creative way for businesses to convey information. They bring real impact when communicating particularly complex or large amounts of information through easy-to-digest visuals.
People are drawn to visual content and as we become saturated with information on a daily basis, the creative and digest format offered by infographics continues to engage audiences, driving more traffic to your website.
We look at some of the reasons why infographics are worth considering for your content strategy.
1. Articles with infographics had 178% more links than standard articles Using infographics alongside text hugely improves the appeal and performance of standard articles for backlinking. The combination of visual presentation and detailed explanation clearly helps to set the content apart.
2. Adapted formats ensure continued relevance Infographics now come in many shapes and sizes, to suit the platform. Mini-infographics have emerged for use on social media, giving a visual ‘snippet’ of the bigger graphic that entices the user to click through to see more.
3. 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual Neuroscientists have found the brain can identify images seen for as little as 13 milliseconds. By presenting information visually, you are playing to the strengths of the human mind and how it functions.
4. 65% of people are visual learners If you can convey your data in a way that is accessible to more people, it’s more likely to be consumed and shared.
5. Infographics are liked and shared on social media three times more than other any other type of content Infographics lends themselves well to the bite-size and visual nature of social media, resulting in strong performance for this type of content.
6. Articles featuring infographics received 72% more views than normal articles We know many people find it easier to consume information from visual means than the written word, and this stat suggests people are more likely to view content that includes infographics.
7. Increased interactivity As design styles and tech have moved on, so too has the form of infographics. Interactive versions including animations, hyperlinks and click-through elements add to static graphical visuals to create a more engaging and dynamic representation of the information.
8. 93% of communication is non-verbal We interpret data faster than the written word, making the visual nature of infographics naturally appealing as we are used to non-verbal communication.
9. Pinterest has acquired more than 70 million worldwide users in two years, while Instagram has nearly triple this at 200 million For some sectors, visual content is the primary driver of web traffic and engagement.
10. Quality is king It’s the case now more than ever that content will only perform if it’s of quality. Through infographics, businesses can pitch at this increasing threshold by focusing on high-engagement content that continues to hold appeal among many audiences.